NUS Press attends AAS-in-Asia Taipei 2015 June 17, 2015 14:52
NUS Press is pleased to be a part of the upcoming AAS-in-Asia conference at Academia Sinica in Taipei from 22 to 24 June 2015. The AAS-in-Asia conference brings together scholars and specialists on Asia to stimulate discussions on visions and trends in Asian studies.
Our distributor B.K. Norton is representing NUS Press at Booth 24. NUS Press will be displaying our books on Southeast Asia at AAS-in-Asia Taipei. Here’s a highlight of some titles:
- Brunei: From the Age of Commerce to the 21st Century
- Changing Chinese Cities: The Potentials of Field Urbanism
- Promises and Predicaments: Trade and Entrepreneurship in Colonial and Independent Indonesia in the 19th and 20th Centuries
- Remembering the Samsui Women: Migration and Social Memory in Singapore and China
- State and Finance in the Philippines, 1898-1941: The Mismanagement of an American Colony
- Taming the Wild: Aborigines and Racial Knowledge in Colonial Malaya
Dr Paul Kratoska, Publishing Director of NUS Press, is also acting as the chairperson of an AAS-in-Asia workshop on publishing. The workshop titled "Writing for Publication: What Editors Look for, and Common Mistakes by Authors" will be held on 24 June.
Do drop by Booth 24 to find out more about NUS Press and to browse our books. We look forward to seeing you.