NUS Press attends 8th EuroSEAS Conference August 10, 2015 09:00
NUS Press is pleased to be part of the upcoming EuroSEAS conference at the University of Vienna in Vienna, Austria from 11 to 14 August 2015. The 8th EuroSEAS conference has invited scholars and PhD students from all academic disciplines with an interest in Southeast Asia to join panels that explore relevant research topics from an interdisciplinary perspective as well as discuss theoretical and methodological aspects of research generated in the field of Southeast Asian Studies.
NIAS Press is representing NUS Press at the event. NUS Press will be displaying our books, including our five shortlisted titles for the inaugural EuroSEAS Book Prizes. For those who are unable to attend, we are offering a special 20% off these featured titles from 11 to 23 August.
Here’s a highlight of some titles:
- Brunei: From the Age of Commerce to the 21st Century
- Journal, Memorials and Letters of Cornelis Matelieff de Jonge: Security, Diplomacy and Commerce in 17th-century Southeast Asia
- Promises and Predicaments: Trade and Entrepreneurship in Colonial and Independent Indonesia in the 19th and 20th Centuries
- Sites, Bodies and Stories: Imagining Indonesian History
- State and Finance in the Philippines, 1898-1941: The Mismanagement of an American Colony
- Taming the Wild: Aborigines and Racial Knowledge in Colonial Malaya
- Vietnamese Traditional Medicine: A Social History
Do drop by to find out more about NUS Press and to browse our selection.
We look forward to seeing you.